Sometimes the answers are found in surprising places. Who would have thought that the answer to your acne could be in your gut? But that’s exactly what science says.
There’s a good reason to believe that gut problems can cause acne. The problems can be as mundane as minor bloating and indigestion to full-blown irritable bowel syndrome. Research as far back as 50s shows higher prevalence of gut problems in skin patients. And in the past decade several studies have shown improvements in acne when gut problems are treated.
Now in terms of scientific evidence and proof we have to say this is tentative. It’s far from iron-clad, full-proof connection. And I’m by no means saying that every adult acne sufferer has gut problems. But the evidence is interesting enough that you should take this connection seriously. And you have little to lose since the treatments are both cheap and safe.
I created this page to pull together some of best gut-related posts. Hopefully these posts help you to understand how gut problems can make a mess of your skin, and what you can do to fix things.
- The Gut-Skin Axis: How Gut Problems Cause Acne. In this post we’ll look at the scientific studies between gut and skin problems. I’ll also explain how it is possible for gut problems to show up on your skin.
- Is Your Acne Caused By Gut Issues? 3 Simple Ways To Know. You are probably wondering if gut issues could be behind your acne. Check out this post for a simple answer.
- Science-Based Guide To Happy Gut And Healthy Skin. I poured through tens and tens of studies on IBS and other gut issues searching for best ways to fix them. In this post I summarize the best, scientifically-proven ways to fix gut issues.
- FODMAPs: How Healthy Foods Can Cause Acne. Sometimes vegetables are just bad, like in the case of FODMAP intolerance.
- Acne Antibiotics – Short Term Gain With Long Term Harm. Should you use antibiotics for acne? In this post I’ll argue they have little long-term benefits and can even cause long-term gut issues.
I’ll keep updating this page as I publish more really good posts on this.
2 thoughts on “The Little-Known Connection Between The Gut And The Skin”
Could you please resubmit the happy gut post?
appears as 404 (not found)
please seppo pls
Sorry about that, it’s online now.