Stress affects your skin directly and indirectly. Studies have shown that stress:
- Can flare up acne and other skin problems
- Cause inflammation in skin cells
- Increase inflammation throughout the body
- Causes acute insulin resistance (cortisol thwarts the effect of insulin). In the long run, may cause insulin resistance and other hormonal imbalances
- Has a disastrous effect on the gut and is strongly linked to most gut problems
Don’t know or aren’t sure if stress is a problem for you? Try these tests to see how stressed you are. Some of these also measure things like anxiety and depression.
Some of those tests are on websites that sell mindfulness and stress management courses. I have not gone through any of the courses and can’t say how useful they are. I do not in any way endorse them.